Attorney Marco Mantovani provides advice and assistance with regard to all questions and issues concerning the Italian citizenship.
WHAT IS ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP
Italian citizenship is the condition of the physical person to whom the Italian legal system recognizes the fullness of civil and political rights.
Italian citizenship is acquired mainly by birth from an Italian parent (iure sanguinis), but also by residence, marriage, adoption and in other cases provided for by law.
A foreign citizen who acquires Italian citizenship obtains the maximum rights available in Italy, i.e. the same rights as Italian citizens.
Whoever becomes an Italian citizen also acquires the right to apply for an Italian passport.
HAVE ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP BY BIRTH (IURE SANGUINIS):
- Children of a father or mother who are Italian citizens.
The descendants of Italian citizens born in Italy who emigrated abroad can apply for the recognition of Italian citizenship iure sanguiniseven if they are resident abroad.
HAVE THE RIGHT TO ACQUIRE ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP:
1) The person born in Italy of foreign parentsprovided that he/she resides legally in Italy, without interruptions, from birth until the age of 18 and declares within the 19th year of age that he/she wishes to acquire Italian citizenship.
2) The foreign spouse of an Italian citizen in the following cases (Italian citizenship by marriage):
- after two years of legal residence in Italy from the date of marriage;
- after three years from the date of marriage, if the residence is abroad.
The time is halved in the case of the birth of children.
3) A foreigner whose father or mother or one of the second-degree relatives in the straight line were Italian citizens by birth if:
- performs effective military service for the Italian State and declares in advance that he/she wishes to acquire Italian citizenship;
- assumes public employment with the Italian State, even abroad, and declares that he/she wishes to acquire Italian citizenship;
- at the age of 18, resides legally without interruption for at least two years in Italy and declares within the 19th year to elect Italian citizenship.
4) The foreign child aged 18 years adopted by an Italian citizen
5) The child under 18 years of age cohabiting with the foreign parent who acquires Italian citizenship
MAY APPLY FOR THE GRANTING OF ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP:
1) A foreigner whose father or mother or one of the second-degree relatives in the straight line were Italian citizens by birth if he has been legally resident in Italy for at least three years
2) The foreigner born in Italy if he has been legally resident in Italy for at least three years
3) An adult foreigner adopted by an Italian citizen if he/she has been legally residing in Italy for at least five years following the adoption
4) A foreigner who has served, including abroad, for at least five years in the employ of the Italian State
5) A foreigner who is a citizen of a member state of the European Union if he has been legally resident in Italy for at least four years
6) The stateless person if he has been legally resident in Italy for at least five years
7) The non-EU foreigner if he/she has been legally resident in Italy for at least ten years (Italian citizenship by residence)
THE ATTORNEY HELPS YOU!
- - Advice and assistance on Italian citizenship jure sanguinis
- - Consultancy and assistance in matters of Italian citizenship for adoption
- - Compilation and presentation of the request for Italian citizenship by residence and marriage
- - Speeding up the Italian citizenship process
- - Appeal against refusal of Italian citizenship
- - Assistance in the process of Italian citizenship via mother tongue
- - Other matters relating to Italian citizenship
WHY CHOOSE ATTORNEY MARCO MANTOVANI
Attorney Marco Mantovani is universally recognized as one of the leading experts in the field of Immigration and Italian Citizenship.
Attorney Marco Mantovani has been practicing law for more than 10 years and has helped many clients solve their problems and achieve their goals.
Attorney Marco Mantovani loves his work and defends the rights of his clients with passion, heart and energy.
ASK FOR LEGAL ADVICE
Fill in the following form to ask for a Legal Consultancy on Italian citizenship issues