Italian citizens residing in Italy can reunite their families with different categories of family members, depending on whether the family members to be reunited are abroad or live with them in Italy.
Italian citizens residing in Italy can carry out the family reunification of the following non-EU family members who are abroad:
- Direct descendants, including those of the spouse, who are under the age of 21 or are dependants
- Dependent direct ascendants, including those of the spouse
- Any other family member (e.g. brother, sister), if he/she is a dependent or lives in the country of origin with the Italian citizen or if serious health reasons require that the Italian citizen assists him/her personally.
The procedure for the reunification of the Italian citizen with family members who are abroad has two phases:
1) The family member to be reunited must apply to the Embassy/Consulate for the issue of the Entrance visa for family reunification.
Important: If the Embassy/Consulate denies the entry visa to the family member, the Italian citizen can appeal to the Ordinary Court.
2) Once in Italy, the family member to be reunited must apply to the Questura for the issue of the Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen.
Important: in order to effect family reunification, the Italian citizen not must apply for the authorization of the Sportello Unico per l'Immigrazione.
With the Residence card of a family member of a Union citizenThe family member of an Italian citizen can live and work legally in Italy and is entitled to welfare benefits.
Italian citizens residing in Italy can carry out family reunification of the following non-EU family members living with them in Italy:
- Relatives up to the second degree (brothers, sisters, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren of grandparents).
The Law Office of Lawyer Marco Mantovani has helped many people to obtain family reunification with an Italian citizen.
In particular, we offer a complete and personalised legal assistance service during the whole procedure, from the preparation of the documents to the entry of the family member into Italy and the obtaining of the Residence Card.
Moreover, in case of denial of entry visa to the family member, we file the appeal to the Court.
If you want to carry out the practice of family reunification with Italian citizen successfully, contact Attorney Marco Mantovani!