Attorney Marco Mantovani provides advice and assistance with regard to all questions and issues concerning the European Union citizens in Italy and their families.
THE COUNTRIES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
As of 2021, there are 27 member countries of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS IN ITALY
Citizens of European Union countries have the right to enter and stay in Italy under the conditions provided for by law, which differ according to whether the period of stay is less or more than three months.
STAY UP TO THREE MONTHS
Citizens of European Union countries have the right to stay freely in the Italian territory for a period not exceeding three months with a valid identity document for expatriation.
STAY OF MORE THAN THREE MONTHS
An EU citizen has the right to stay in Italy for a period exceeding three months when:
- is employed or self-employed in the State;
- has sufficient resources for himself and his family members not to become a burden on the State's social assistance system during the period of residence and has health insurance, or equivalent, covering all risks in the national territory;
- is enrolled at an accredited public or private establishment for the purpose of following a course of study or vocational training and has sufficient financial resources for himself and his family members not to become a burden on the State's social assistance system during his period of residence and has health insurance covering all risks on national territory;
- is a family member accompanying or joining a Union citizen who has the right of residence for a period of more than three months.
FAMILY MEMBERS OF CITIZENS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
They are considered family members of a citizen of the European Union:
(1) the spouse;
2) the partner who has contracted a registered partnership with the EU citizen on the basis of the legislation of a Member State, if the legislation of the host Member State treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage and in accordance with the conditions laid down in the relevant legislation of the host Member State;
(3) direct descendants under the age of 21 or dependants and those of the spouse or partner referred to in (2);
(4) the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or partner referred to in point (2).
Family members of EU citizens have the right to enter and reside in Italy with their EU family members.
THE ATTORNEY HELPS YOU!
- - Advice and assistance to EU citizens
- - Advice and assistance to family members of EU citizens
- - Entry visa for family members of European Union citizens
- - Residence card for family members of European Union citizens
- - Appeals against refusal of entry and residence to citizens of the European Union and their family members
- - Other issues concerning citizens of the European Union and their family members
WHY CHOOSE ATTORNEY MARCO MANTOVANI
Attorney Marco Mantovani is universally recognized as one of the leading experts in the field of Immigration and Italian Citizenship.
Attorney Marco Mantovani has been practicing law for more than 10 years and has helped many clients solve their problems and achieve their goals.
Attorney Marco Mantovani loves his work and defends the rights of his clients with passion, heart and energy.
ASK FOR LEGAL ADVICE
Fill in the following form to ask for Legal Advice on EU citizenship matters